CNC Swiss Setup - Job Description
If you have 5+ years of precision machining experience, and a good attitude with a hunger to learn, please apply! We are not just making parts but creating a legacy!
Who we are:
Founded in 1990, Pioneer Service has built a solid reputation as a Precision Machine Shop providing Swiss Screw Machine Products, CNC Turned Parts & Centerless Grinding Services. Our 25,000-square foot facility is in Addison, IL, a convenient 20-minute drive southeast of O'Hare International Airport.
CNC Setup person is responsible to set up, operate, and maintain Star Swiss machines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, and blueprints.
- Performs offsets, calculates, and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Sets-up Multitasking lathes by installing and adjusting three jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, Bar loaders and stock pushers.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete the task in time and according to specification
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience Fanuc Controls
- Some programming experience will be helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to verify part conformity using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and other gauges
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency
- Great attitude
- Competitive Hourly Salary based on experience
- Matching 401(k) contribution up to 5%
- Paid Time-off and Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel parts. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with appropriate assistance. Must be able to be on feet (not sitting).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ear protection may be required for certain processes. Closed-toed shoes and eye protection are required for all activity on the shop floor.