Die & Mold Bench Polisher Jobs - Burr Ridge, Illinois (IL)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Die & Mold Bench Polisher - Job Description
Bronson & Bratton is looking to hire a Polisher for high precision steel and carbide tooling in a family-owned shop. Successful candidates have attention to detail, patience and the ability to distinguish small imperfections in metal parts.
ABOUT BRONSON & BRATTON, INC.
Bronson & Bratton, a family owned shop, was founded in 1948 by Walter D. Bronson and William J. Bratton, who recognized the need for a company that offered both a dedication to quality customer service and the knowledge and skill to finish carbide. We pioneered the successful application of carbide in tools and dies used in many processes, including can lid forming, roll forming, seaming, straightening, and aluminum can drawing. Now in our third generation of management, our applications have since broadened into non-metal working areas, and we've expanded into the aerospace and medical markets. Our dedication to customer service has stayed consistent, and we work hard to identify and anticipate our customer's needs in order to provide the best solutions to their unsolved problems. To learn more, please visit us at www.brons.com
- Expertly sand, polish, drill and deburr functions using hand and power equipment such as bench grinder, polishers, and belt sanders.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment.
- Setup polishing lathe/wheel and check to see that wheel is on correct/safe and that the proper RPM has been applied.
- Prepare polishing wheel by dress/cutting with scrap material for correct contour and grain direction of part to be polished, as required.
- Plan sequence of operations and perform one or more setups to accomplish required machining operations.
- Select, check, make or repair tools, fixtures, work holdings.
- Set up and operate various machinery including grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
- Experience with measuring equipment such as dial indicators, bore gages, micrometers preferred.
- Blue print reading and interpretation experience.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Attention to detail, the patience and ability to distinguish small imperfections in metal parts.
- Good blue print and interpretation skills required.
- 3 years polishing experience required.
- Good vision and hand eye coordination.
Excellent benefits, including 401k with match.
Bronson & Bratton, Inc.
Operating since 1948 and participates in E-Verify
ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100:2009 Rev C certified
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran