Machinist: Wire EDM - Job Description
Bronson & Bratton, Inc. in Burr Ridge, IL is looking to hire a Machinist: Wire EDM to join our manufacturing company. Are you looking for a job that offers meaningful work? Would you like to be part of a stable and supportive company that offers a relaxed environment and allows people to work to the best of their abilities? If so, please read on!
We provide excellent benefits and perks, including a 401(k) with company match, consistent overtime every week, and long-term employment. If this sounds like the right CNC operator opportunity in manufacturing for you, apply today!
ABOUT BRONSON & BRATTON, INC.
Bronson & Bratton, a family owned shop, was founded in 1948 by Walter D. Bronson and William J. Bratton, who recognized the need for a company that offered both a dedication to quality customer service and the knowledge and skill to finish carbide. We pioneered the successful application of carbide in tools and dies used in many processes, including can lid forming, roll forming, seaming, straightening, and aluminum can drawing. Now in our third generation of management, our applications have since broadened into non-metal working areas, and we've expanded into the aerospace and medical markets. Our dedication to customer service has stayed consistent, and we work hard to identify and anticipate our customer's needs in order to provide the best solutions to their unsolved problems. To learn more, please visit us at www.brons.com
- Ability to read and understand sketches, blue prints and thorough understanding of tools and proper use of fixtures.
- Set-up and operate one or more CNC Wire EDM machines to produce product.
- Ability to program, manage files, edit as needed, to machine parts to size per print.
- Select proper programs, fixtures, tooling, to produce product to print.
- Manage CNC wire programs to achieve erosion rate and finish, size requirements and location as needed.
- Verify conformance of work to specification using gauges, micrometers, and other inspection equipment as needed.
- Maintain an accurate count and record production pieces and hours of production.
- Maintain equipment by completing or requesting preventive maintenance.
- Maintain product handling, to protect product from damage.
- Keep equipment and product free of FOD, foreign object debris.
- Maintain a clean work area based on company housekeeping protocol.
- Follow all company safety protocol.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 5 years minimum experience or combination with job related schooling.
- Programing Skills (Smart Cam, Gibbs Cam etc.).
- Previous manual grinding experience or equivalent education.
- Experience with micrometers, calipers and/or other precision measurement tools.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to work well with a team while also working independently.
- Detail oriented and ability to organize and prioritize.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
This full-time CNC machinist position in manufacturing works Monday to Friday with maximum hours being from 5:30 AM - 4 PM and minimum hours from 7 AM to 3:30 PM with some Saturday shifts as needed.
15% premium for 2nd shift.
Bronson & Bratton, Inc.
Operating since 1948 and participate in E-Verify
ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100:2009 Rev C certified
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran