1st shift Material Handler - Job Description
The Material Handler is responsible for assessing, acquiring and moving material requirements in support of Production processes. This person will be expected to transport materials (Raw, finished goods and scrap) from Receiving areas to Stores to final point of use using a variety for equipment and methods. Computer system interface (input/output) will also be required.
Royal Power Solutions, a division of Eaton Corporation, is a leader in supplying connectivity solutions to our end users. Our Carol Stream facility is a world class tool & die/stamping facility and our products are used in every North American automotive manufacturer. We are a fast-growing company with many opportunities to succeed and grow. Pay rates depend on experience or prior skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Move materials from designated areas to/from production floor using forklift and/or other Transport conveyance methods.
- Prepares outgoing materials using a variety of methods and equipment, including, but not limited to, scanning, labeling, wrapping/packaging etc.
- Completes required paperwork to accompany outgoing materials such as Inter-company Bills of Lading.
- Uses systems technology to input and retrieve inventory and parts data.
- Assesses material needs for assigned Production area(s) throughout the shift and pulls materials using an information system to support the production schedule.
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work area following 5-S practices.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: HS degree or GED.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years warehouse experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English
- Keyboarding skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties
- Forklift Experience required
- Periodic re-certification required
- User-level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in picking parts or components from work instructions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.
Noise level in plant is moderate.
Hear protection required posted areas.
Safety Glasses required in manufacturing areas.