1st shift Quality Technician - Job Description
Quality Technician will be primarily responsible for validation and production inspections of all products produced from manufacturing and assembly processes, proper use and maintenance of measurement tools and equipment
Royal Power Solutions, a division of Eaton Corporation, is a leader in supplying connectivity solutions to our end users. Our Carol Stream facility is a world class tool & die/stamping facility and our products are used in every North American automotive manufacturer. We are a fast-growing company with many opportunities to succeed and grow. Pay rates depend on experience or prior skills.
**Up to $1,000 sign on bonus, eligible after 90 days of employment
Covid safety protocols. Daily temperature checks, face mask required, contact tracing when necessary. Daily disinfections of highly touched surfaces. Weekly Plant wide disinfecting fogging.
Our manufacturing plant is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs incoming receiving inspection
- Measure parts to ensure that they are within specifications using Calipers, Micrometers, Comparators
- Perform random quality audits
- Notify Product Manager and others of quality issues
- Maintains QC hold room, monitors status with the intent of timely disposition with other QC personal
- Ensure that other employees are aware of proper quality inspection activities
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: minimum of 1-year experience (QC) and manufacturing environment (preferred)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Ability to read & interpret Blueprints
- Basic Knowledge of GD&T
- Preferred Knowledge of Micro-vu' OGP and Keyence Vision inspection equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Intermediate skill in Office Suite
Physical Demands/work environment:
The physical/work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to lift to 40 pounds.
Noise level in plant is moderate. Hearing protection is required in posted areas.
Safety Glasses required in the manufacturing area's
Ability to comply with all safety protocols